Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sunday!

I have to admit I haven't paid much attention to the NFL this year.  I've asked 10 times, "who's in the Superbowl again?"  Then I say "really, wasn't that a few years ago?"  The kids have just made it harder to pay attention to sports.  Occasionally I can grab Ruthie and get her to say "C.A.T.S Cats! Cats! Cats!" but that's about it.  Otherwise I have to find something for her and Bryan to do while a game is on which usually puts me in a room without a TV.

Today the kid distraction was the Puppy Bowl.  Whoever invented that thing was a genius.  Actually, it was probably somebody who just wanted to watch the game without his/her kids whining about it.  Plop a bunch of puppies in pen with some toys and watch them go to town, what kid wouldn't love it.  Even Bryan found it interesting for a good 20 minutes.  And yes, that is Post-Nap-No-Pants Roo perched on the coffee table in the messiest corner of our house watching it.  (Obviously this was prior to kick-off since she's in the living room and Dada hasn't come and changed the channel yet.)

So, with the kids occupied, Bobby got to watch the game and I got to work on a few things that I really wanted to accomplish.  We had CSA veggies that really needed to be dealt with so there were broccoli soup and hot pocket style cabbage rolls calling my name.  Throw in some homemade bread and a bunch of sewing projects I've needed to tend to and you've got yourself a full afternoon.  Ruthie helped me with the dough for the hot pockets, running back and forth between the kitchen and the TV to give me updates on all the highlights of the Puppy Bowl, while Bobby played with Bryan and tried to get him to cheer for the Giants.




Did Ruthie and Bryan eat any of this great food.  Of course not!  Well, they ate the bread parts anyway and Roo choked down 4 bites of soup.  Did I get as much sewing done as I would have liked?  Of course not!  But I cut out fabric for some pants for Roo, a bag that I promised my cleaning lady months ago, and another one for my best friend's birthday, not to mention Roo's bento box carrier and a laptop sleeve for our new computer, so some good progress anyway.   I'm hoping to get to those projects Monday but you never know.  Monday also starts the "Whole Food Kitchen" e-course I've signed up for so there may be a lot more cooking I need to do (yay!)  Plus I've just ordered a "Healthy Snacks on the Go" e-book from Katie at www.kitchenstewardship.com so there are a bunch of yummy things I'm hoping to get to on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment